"unable to read" SanDisk SDHC1 32gb extreme pro

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I mistakenly was "deleting all" on my M240 and removed the card BEFORE operation was completed. I tried to reformat card on M and it say "unable to read". I also tried using SD Formatter on iMac (latest version) and the card is not found.

What can I do to 'breath life' into this card-- my mistake thinking process was done.

Thanks

A bit difficult to use recovery software if the computer does not see the card.

The only thing I can think of is to try and find a camera that will recognise the card and format in that camera. After that you can hopefully recover your images using any recovery software.

If not, I don't think there is a solution short of enlisting the services of an (expensive) professional data recovery service.

Edit: Did you try Disk Warrior?

Although that probably won't work either. It is likely the controller chip has died.

Edited by jaapv

If the computer cannot see it?

You mean the finder i guess but the latter does not "see" the same way as Disk Utility in that some volumes can appear in the latter while they are not visible on the finder. Worth a try anyway.

Hi,

I tried with iMac disk utility and the card if briefly turn us and then disappears. I tried repeatedly and also with SD Formatter-- same thing, if I reboot it appears for a few seconds and I click on it and then"poof" and there is nothing.

The links to Disk Warrior (Alsoft) from Singapore don't seem to be functioning. Thankfully I have back-up of the images from Myanmar, but was trying to save the SD card-- is it is basically "toast" now?

Thanks.

Ed

Hi,

I tried with iMac disk utility and the card if briefly turn us and then disappears. I tried repeatedly and also with SD Formatter-- same thing, if I reboot it appears for a few seconds and I click on it and then"poof" and there is nothing.

The links to Disk Warrior (Alsoft) from Singapore don't seem to be functioning. Thankfully I have back-up of the images from Myanmar, but was trying to save the SD card-- is it is basically "toast" now?

Thanks.

Ed

I would never trust that card again, even if you manage to revive it. Dustbin fodder, I would say