Remaining/new bugs in FW 2.0.1.5

Guest roey

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Not all reported bugs have been fixed by the latest firmware update. Rather than using the general FW thread where this would get buried in long discussions over which focus peaking color is more effective let's use this thread to report bugs that either haven't been fixed with the new firmware or that have been newly introduced.

The time zone and daylight savings settings are still being stored in the custom profiles. This means that I have to either recreate my profiles twice a year (and every time I travel to a different time zone) or that I just can't use the time zone and DST settings and have to adjust the time manually.

• Like 1

GPS is still unavailable in certain countries. While some may not consider this a bug, it's certainly a larger problem than green focus peaking.

This is by design (plus it’s documented) and not likely to change.

• Like 1

Support for a higher-res EVF and scrolling while in magnified Live View.

Not a bug but simply features that unfortunately cannot be implemented.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Maybe not a bug but irritating nonetheless, in the new firmware just as in the old one: Changing the ISO setting by pressing the ISO button or by pressing SET and navigating to the ISO menu item looks and feels identical, but with one crucial difference: when you start by pressing the SET button you need to press SET again to confirm your changes; otherwise changing the ISO settings had no effect.

• Like 6

Have not been able to install update. I have downloaded the file from Leica but it did not download as a zipped file, it appears on my desktop as a blank icon and it cannot be opened.

I'm running latest Mac OS and have tried both Safari and Firefox latest versions.

Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks in advance!

Not a bug but simply features that unfortunately cannot be implemented.

Why is it that a large number of other digital cameras can scroll around in magnified live view then? They also have cmos sensors etc....

Why is it that a large number of other digital cameras can scroll around in magnified live view then?

Because the hardware supports this. The M (Typ 240) does not and no firmware can change that.

Have not been able to install update. I have downloaded the file from Leica but it did not download as a zipped file, it appears on my desktop as a blank icon and it cannot be opened.

I'm running latest Mac OS and have tried both Safari and Firefox latest versions.

Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks in advance!

you don't open the file, just place it in the root of the SD card

This is by design (plus it’s documented) and not likely to change.

Maybe, but it turns my MF handgrip into a regular handgrip, and it's not disabled in the typ T. Plus it's really an easy fix, just delete some code.

It's really an insult to Leica users who live in these black listed countries, where GPS is widely used, but just not in our M's.

Edited by swamiji

After installing the new firmware update my EVF2 is unusable about 95% of the time. It shows a bunch of lines horizontal and/or vertical and no image. About 5% of the time it works normally. It worked fine before the update. What could I try to fix it. I did try reloading the update but that didn't help. All the other features of the update appear to work properly, and the camera shows the firmware update 2.0.1.5.