New Firmware on May 24th

Voigt

Would be great if startup times could be reduced.

Perhaps a hint here: http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-m-type-240/330228-what-nice-surprise.html

On a side note.......

When I turn on the M, quick look to check the settings, put the viewfinder up to my eye, focus and the camera is more than ready to use. So I don't understand the desire for more rapid startup. Even if I eliminate the settings check it is ready.

I did not miss many shots at startup to be honest but wakeup times are the same so if i forget to half press the shutter release whilst holding the camera or if i half press too late nothing happens when i shoot. My eight years old 5D1 is instantaneous by comparison. Too fast to be measured actually.

Exposure compensation will work without pressing and holding down the button on the front

There is going to be overlay leveling in EVF and on Live View

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ...

Edited by bephoto
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just hope they let us deactivate the M button, or at least have it active only in Live view mode

I filled a card by accidentally hitting it at a picnic - i missed a great shot of my daughter and a friends son while i changed cards

Exposure compensation will work without pressing and holding down the button on the front

Am I the only one who's scared I'll dial in exposure compensation by mistake?

I find myself turning the wheel just by picking up the camera a few times a day. I'm glad it doesn't do anything now. If it starts dialing exp comp I'll have to change the way I handle the camera...

sent from a phone with auto-correct.

What's the source of this "24th of May" date? Almost a third of the way through it in CETime and no sign of a firmware.

I'm surprised they aren't selling special centenary versions of the firmware.

Edited by Exodies