M240 owners - what other Leica cameras do you own?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am wondering what other Leica cameras the M240 owners who are members of this forum also own. Since I am asking, I will go first:

Currently: M4-P (black)

Formerly: MP (black, 2003 birth date)

The MP was sacrificed in order to help finance the M240 purchase. So far, I can't say I miss it or regret trading it off; it is hard to believe that I traded it though - never thought I'd see that happen.

At some point, I will get an older M body such as an M3, another M4-P or an M5 as a back-up to the M4-P for film shooting. I would also like to add a CL body and perhaps a D-LUX 6 as a snapshot camera. I would not rule out an M Monochrom, when/if the second generation MM becomes available and if cash were not an issue.

Another Question: What other Leica cameras would M240 owners like to add to their bags?

Thanks, ladies and gents.

Edited by Carlos Danger

Currently: MM, M7, R9

Previously: M9, M8, M4-2, IIIg, IIIf, IIIb, SL2, R8

Well the M240 caused me to buy a R9, as I can't kick the film addiction. I sold my M9 towards the M240. I am looking at a MP for my next body purchase.

I am wondering what other Leica cameras the M240 owners who are members of this forum also own.

Another Question: What other Leica cameras would M240 owners like to add to their bags?

Thanks, ladies and gents.

Currently: M Typ 240, MP

Formerly: M8, M7, R9/DMR

Wanted: MM

M8 M4 M3 M2 IIIf IIIc .... and a R4 which never had a film inside (from my hands, at least... arrived virtually free after a complex interchange/negotiation....)

A Panasonic with Leica/branded lens.... but belongs to my daughter.... :o

Had and sold CL and IIIG.... I'd like to have a 250, a 72, an Anastigmat....

Edited by luigi bertolotti

One M is all I need...

Not to sound like a skinflint, but one M is all most of us "need" (wedding and other event photographers excepted, of course). This Leica thing we have is not about need, though. It is a photographic quality of life issue IMHO.

Some material possessions elevate the quility of life for some people. For some, it is a _______________________ (fill in the blank). For me, it is a couple of Leica M cameras and a couple of Leica M lenses.

YMMV.

Edited by Carlos Danger
  • Like 1

Have

Leica: M240, M7, R6.2, not using>> M2, M3, IIIf RDST, IIIg

Hasselblad: 503CW with CFV-50, 500CM with P40+, SWC/M

Linhof: Master Technika 4x5 Classic

Sinar: P2, F2

Had

M6, M6TTL, MP, M8, cambo wrs-1000, 503Cxi, 500C, flexbody, contax645, contax rts, nikon f3/t, f4... can't remember

M240, RX1 (my portable 35 and "macro-ish" camera) and a 5D Mark III which I'm probably going to sell (and the lenses).

When I eventually get the extension tubes for the 240 I'll be able to use it as a macro and it will probably be my only camera.

• Like 1

Not to sound like a skinflint, but one M is all most of us "need" (wedding and other event photographers excepted, of course). This Leica thing we have is not about need, though. It is a photographic quality of life issue IMHO.

Some material possessions elevate the quility of life for some people. For some, it is a _______________________ (fill in the blank). For me, it is a couple of Leica M cameras and a couple of Leica M lenses.

YMMV.

Well, with me it is more of a magpie-type aberration. I simply like all these cameras for what they represent. The M3 is my first Leica, bought in 1976. I cannot bring myself to sell any of them, despite “needing” only one or two. On the contrary, if (when?) I run into an attractive specimen I’ll probably buy it…:o

• Like 2