Leica M 240 firmware

nico1974

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Nico - to my knowledge, or perhaps memory, there has been only one firmware update since the M was released into the wild just over a year ago. Firmware updates generally get put out by Leica when there has been an accumulation of issues that need to get fixed. Having not seen any hints about beta testing of new firmware -- sometimes your fellow forum members are included in the testing, and while they likely sign an NDA, info slips out -- I wouldn't think new firmware is imminent.

Firmware updates generally get put out by Leica when there has been an accumulation of issues that need to get fixed.

Yeah, wouldn't that be great? :mad:

Firmware updates generally get put out by Leica when there has been an accumulation of issues that need to get fixed.

if only that were true... Firmware is occasionally put out many months (if not years) after an accumulation of issues that need fixing have been identified...

if only that were true... Firmware is occasionally put out many months (if not years)after an accumulation of issues that need fixing have been identified...

If at all ...

Two updates so far 2.0.0.11 and 2.0.0.12. but no auto iso yet :(

I think we have to go to wetzlar and protest, block the streets, burn tires... so leica would listen

They are so busy with their Leica T "toy camera" they don't bother with M users. btw I want T :D

• Like 1

I expect Leica's meagre firmware development resources have been tied up/stretched to the limit with the T and will continue be tied up fixing bugs once the camera is released and users find the marketing hype is, as usual, not matched by reality.

I hope Jono Slack and the other beta testers have been able to knock it into shape...

It will be interesting to see what, if any, new M products are announced in this Photokina year, leaving aside any cosmetic makeovers. Leica will increasingly get their revenue and profit elsewhere and now the M has reached a certain stability in the digital world, there are rich pickings to be had from a different customer demographic. Full frame is dead, long live APS-C!

And just as Leica never bothered to fix the continuous mode lockup in the M9, I don't think we should hold our breaths waiting for a new M Typ 240 update.