M240 image of London by Christopher Tribble

k-hawinkler

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Leica Camera AG - Photography - LEICA M

the 3rd image, ISO 400:

Keywords: London, M-240 Test, St Pauls Cathederal, Waterloo Bridge

Copyright Notice: Christopher Tribble

The others are Jono's images, at least when I looked at that web page.

Correction: The last one PUSH 6400 is also by Chris.

Edited by k-hawinkler
  • Like 5

That's a suitably crappy Leica style page. No thumbnails etc. :rolleyes:

I got a picture of some London flats at 6400 which is a bit muddy (from a light perspective) and a very finely detailed 3200 shot of a Peacock which is very encouraging in terms of fine resolution etc.

Would be nice if they could unify these various M240 proofs with a decent thumbnail and info column next to it.

I'm pretty impressed by several of Jono's and Chris's images. There's something slightly film-like about them. For instance, how the camera handled the bars against the light of the window in the apartment shot.

Red lights haven't been handled very well in the St Paul's shot, however (also visible in the London Eye shot). The rest of the St Paul's shot looks very good to me, though.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

is it me or are some of the pics "blurry" :confused:

Let's have a look at the sand shark, ISO200 (lowest ISO setting) 1/250ms shutterspeed.

No info about the f-stop, but it must have been the summilux wide open or whats wrong here :D?

That would have been an excellent sharpness example taken with a higher f-stop..

• Like 1

Thanks Michael for the link!

With a short explanation:

Chris's images are now available via the Leica Forum Blog with:

- Thumbnails

- High-Res JPGs

- DNG files

BTW - If you already tried to download the DNGs, the last three links were wrong - corrected now.

Andreas

Dear all - a quick disclaimer - three of the images in this set aren't mine! These are:

http://cdn.l-camera-forum.com/leica-news/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/l1000814_camera-raw.jpg

http://cdn.l-camera-forum.com/leica-news/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/l1009273.jpg

and

http://cdn.l-camera-forum.com/leica-news/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/l1000071.jpg

I'd hate the photographers who did take these images to not get the credit for their work!

I've also contacted Andreas and Leica to see if we can get this corrected.

• Like 3

Could someone explain this quote by Chris? "In effect, ISO 6400 on the M-240 is the equivalent of ISO 2500 on the M9".

I assume he means the quality and usability of the output of correctly exposed images made at 6400 iso in the M is the equivalent of 2500 on the M9. Not that they are actually equivalent in terms of sensitivity and light responsiveness.

• Like 6

I assume he means the quality and usability of the output of correctly exposed images made at 6400 iso in the M is the equivalent of 2500 on the M9. Not that they are actually equivalent in terms of sensitivity and light responsiveness.

Peter - neatly summarised, I apologise if I wasn't clear enough in the original text.

• Like 1

I like your photos, Chris.

On the Leica website the London scene over the Thames is indicated with 35mm - I think 135mm is right? Can you tell me how far the distance is from the place you took it and the second row of buildings (watchtower)?

Last question: shutter time is indicated with 1/25 - I am sure you used a tripod, or not?

I think this photo - though it doesn't look spectacular at first glance - is a good example for the sensor's resolution and its dynamic range.

Uli - thanks for your comments.

re lens - correct. 135 Apo-Tely.

Also - on a tripod ...

It's a great combination with the EVF - I've never been able to get this focused so well. re distances, I was on Waterloo Bridge looking across at St Pauls. Check Google Maps:

waterloo bridge - Google Maps

Best

C:

• Like 9