Name this car....

Looks like an Aston Martin DB2

Ronald,

I think maybe DB2-4 rather than DB2. Must be a barn find to be in that state. Although there was a DB3 on a rally I was on two years ago, which was held together with duct tape, cable ties and locking wire. It had rust bursting out all over.

Wilson

Ronald,

I think maybe DB2-4 rather than DB2. Must be a barn find to be in that state. Although there was a DB3 on a rally I was on two years ago, which was held together with duct tape, cable ties and locking wire. It had rust bursting out all over.

Wilson

If we go into details it should be written "DB 2/4", not "DB2-4" and we could also discuss if this is model Mark I or Mark II. I think Mark I. Anyway Aston Martin is no Daimler Conquest ;)

• Like 1

Wilson, I forgot to mention, that the fender looks more upright than "mother" DB2, so I agree DB 2/4 is correct ;) MKI, I think. That DB 2 guess was a "quicky" between my work.

Ronald,

When I was mentally going through british cars, I am ashamed to say, I completely forgot about Aston Martin. I was originally thinking about things like an Austin A90 and Morris Isis but none of them had that flat front under the headlight and the chrome accent on the top of the wing. The PL headlight is of course, correct for an expensive car like the DB2/4. The Conquest also had the option of PL headlights. My great-aunt had a Daimler Conquest. You used to be able to hear the whine of the fluid flywheel on the pre-selector gearbox coming from about 2 streets away.

Wilson

• Like 1

Well done. Here is the entire image, showing a remarkable patina. Apologies to all, since this photo was taken with Canon Model P (50mm f1.4), but I did not want to hold things up. Awaiting a post from our worthy winner.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

OK, seems Wilson is abroad. Here comes the next car riddle (maker and model please):

OK, seems Wilson is abroad. Here comes the next car riddle (maker and model please):

[ATTACH]361318[/ATTACH]

Ronald,

You were the true winner. If you had not said DB2, I would not have got DB2/4.

I will have to put on my thinking cap about the next one. I think I recognise the wheels.

Wilson

While we are trying to puzzle out Ronald's one, can anyone help me with identifying the car below. I think it may be a Toril-Salmson with a Salmson 4 cylinder twin cam GP engine mounted in a Derby chassis. If this is the case, it would have been made by André Jahan of Equipe Toril. Any other ideas?

Wilson