Voigtlander 21mm F1.8 now available.

iedei

Advertisement (gone after registration)

interesting lens. Voigtlander is always releasing interesting lenses, it seems......i have been looking for a 21mm Elmarit for the past few weeks (if anyone knows of any good deals on one, lemme know! pre-asph OR asph)....and am now considering if i should gamble on this CV....anyone here try it yet? any thoughts?

The Photo Village :: Cameras & Photo Gear :: Digital & 35mm Film Cameras :: 35mm Film Cameras :: Voigtlander 35mm System :: Voigtlander Rangefinder Cameras :: Lenses & Accessories :: Lenses :: Voigtlander 21mm f/1.8 M Ultron Wide Angle Lens

Why gamble, you can get it through B&h, if not fully satisfied, just return it for full refund.

Not the 21mm, but I've tried some other one and ended up returned it.

CV can be good, but likely to fall in the compromise category, if it happens to you, the one you really want would keep on waving to you until you get it. The CV then will be a waste, not matter how acceptable it is.

Why gamble, you can get it through B&h, if not fully satisfied, just return it for full refund.

Not the 21mm, but I've tried some other one and ended up returned it.

CV can be good, but likely to fall in the compromise category, if it happens to you, the one you really want would keep on waving to you until you get it. The CV then will be a waste, not matter how acceptable it is.

i do agree that one should go after what they want FIRST. I generally do that.....my previous CV lens was a 35mm F1.4 Nokton which i had bought with my M8 just to get started, until i had enough saved up to buy other lenses. It was a good lens...served me well...but i found myself constantly looking up other lenses to replace it...

You are probably right that if i bought this, i'd probably STILL want an Elmarit! ha.

that being said...i think CV are doing a great job of making affordable, very interesting, and a worthwhile line-up of lenses for the market. I, for one, am really glad to see them releasing these types of lenses.

Any reviews of this lens ?

It is genuinely interesting for those looking for a 21mm for indoor use.

IWC- Here's a link to a Japanese website and images shot with an M9.

R A N G E F I N D E R | Voigtlander ULTRON 21mm F1.8 | レンジファインダー&レンズ&アクセサリ専門店 | ヨドバシ.com

My dealer's got one in stock, I may just pick one up today or tomorrow and play a bit with it, :rolleyes:

• Like 4

I just wanted to add: I agree about CV- they offer interesting lenses at great prices. In Australia there used to be a political party called the Democrats. Their slogan was "Keeping the Bastards Honest"- by which they meant the two main political parties, Liberal and Labour.

I feel Voigtlander is kinda the same with their pricing... and decent quality.

The indoor shots with this lens look good (to me). Interesting...

Interesting lens - I would love to see a comparison between this 21/1.8 and a 21/1.4 Summilux (please no moaning, that one cannot compare them because this and that …).

I am really interested, how they compare handling wise (size, weight, filters, focussing, distortion, finder blockage, flare resistance, etc …).

The 21 SE can be a bit slow in times and people, who are eying a Summilux and saving money by eating instant noodles might consider this Voigtlander.

I just wish, they would have done away with the awful fixed petal lens shade and the vintage design and would instead introduce a modern, more ergonomic barrel design (we need focus tabs ;-)

• Like 2

The weather has been dismal and I haven't had a chance to get away from the office, but here's a few quick shots with the 21mm Ultron.

All are at f1.8, except the concrete wall, which was F2.8.

There was some purple fringing on highlights, which I removed. Otherwise these shots are pretty straight.

I hand coded it as a 21mm Summilux which gives nice results. (I had initially tried it as a 21mm Elmarit, but that resulted in extreme dark corners.)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 10

Here are some corner/edge crops from the previous shots, and one from the center (the clock). All at 100%.

• Like 12

I just noticed something on the clock...

Took me a while to see it. You mean this?