NYC meet up?

iedei

Advertisement (gone after registration)

firstly i SUCK at organizing meet-ups. One could just ask my wife....who will attest to stories of me terribly arranging gatherings! lol. it's one of my weaknesses. so that being said.....are there any volunteers to organize some sort of a cafe/coffee shop/dinner/evening GTG? Perhaps in Manhattan as it is most central?

Would be nice to meet some of the great Leicaphiles here in NYC/LI/NJ area....

Any interest in this?

perhaps we could even do a Saturday morning/ trip to this and see the Joel Meyerowitz exhibition going on til January 5th:

http://www.howardgreenberg.com/frontend/#app=84b7&cf5b-currentState=none&cf5b-contentLabel=CURRENT&cf5b-selectedIndex=3

perhaps next Saturday? December 15th? or open to suggestions.

Edited by iedei

I would be up for a get together. Location isn't as important for me since I usually travel all over the five boroughs anyway.

I think a coffee shop/cafe would be a good first meetup so everyone can get to know one another.

We should pick a date, place and time and lets see what kind of turn out we get.

Brooklyn's got some great coffee spots and lots of interesting areas if anyone's up for a little street photography :D

Next weekend works for me too if there are any takers out there.

• Like 1

Three people so far, not a bad start :)

Assuming next Saturday is good for everyone, we should decide on a time. I'm open to suggestions and thought either early to late afternoon?

As far as location, if we meet in Brooklyn, we could gather at The Brooklyn Roasting Company at 25 Jay Street. Great place for an espresso or latte. The only thing is I think they close at 6:00 pm or so on the weekends.

If we meet in Manhattan I would definitely recommend The Bean Coffee Shop on the corner of 9th street and 1st Ave. One of the better coffee shops in the East Village and I know they are open much later than 6:00 pm.

Feel free to post your suggestions or PM me with ideas.

John

• Like 1

Three people so far, not a bad start :)

Assuming next Saturday is good for everyone, we should decide on a time. I'm open to suggestions and thought either early to late afternoon?

As far as location, if we meet in Brooklyn, we could gather at The Brooklyn Roasting Company at 25 Jay Street. Great place for an espresso or latte. The only thing is I think they close at 6:00 pm or so on the weekends.

If we meet in Manhattan I would definitely recommend The Bean Coffee Shop on the corner of 9th street and 1st Ave. One of the better coffee shops in the East Village and I know they are open much later than 6:00 pm.

Feel free to post your suggestions or PM me with ideas.

John

yeah good start! i really dig Dumbo (25 Jay Street, Brooklyn that you mentioned)....that would be a nice place for us to aggregate, assuming everyone is up for it. A nice place to walk around and take a few photos as well.

so morning meet up or later in the day? We could do a nice Saturday morning coffee GTG as well.....i'm open to whatever everyone else prefers.

Ok, so lets say Saturday morning, Dec 15th at the Brooklyn Roasting Company for some fresh java to start the day.

What time is good for everyone? Once there, we can decide the course of the morning. Some photography, good conversation or even the Joel Meyerowitz exhibit you mentioned earlier at the Howard Greenberg Gallery on East 57th.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Ok, so lets say Saturday morning, Dec 15th at the Brooklyn Roasting Company for some fresh java to start the day.

What time is good for everyone? Once there, we can decide the course of the morning. Some photography, good conversation or even the Joel Meyerowitz exhibit you mentioned earlier at the Howard Greenberg Gallery on East 57th.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

so far so good! I think Saturday AM would be very nice.

what does everyone think? Should we get a tentative list together?

Alright so here are the details then:

Location--> The Brooklyn Roasting Co. (25 Jay Street Brooklyn, NY)

Time------> 10:00 am

If you would like to attend then come on down and help kick off the first NYC meet up for this forum.

If you are coming then please post on here so that we know who to wait for before venturing out from the meet up location.

See you guys Saturday :D

John

• Like 1

Alright so here are the details then:

Location--> The Brooklyn Roasting Co. (25 Jay Street Brooklyn, NY)

Time------> 10:00 am

If you would like to attend then come on down and help kick off the first NYC meet up for this forum.

If you are coming then please post on here so that we know who to wait for before venturing out from the meet up location.

See you guys Saturday :D

John

good plan! now just need some more people! :D

I will try to make it ..... being this is a Brooklyn/Williamsburg event to start, are we required to bring film cameras only? :-)

lol!

i was planning on bringing my M5! mainly because i figured nobody else would have one! :)

is that very Williamsburg of me?

I'm a forum member in NY. I'll show up unless something comes up.

Btw, this weekend is the Winter 2012 Decisive Challenge. See here : http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-news/2012/11/the-decisive-challenge-winter-edition-2012/

Philippe

cool! well at least a few of us will have a good cup of coffee! hope to see you there