My kids got me the 1st M10 for my birthday!!

lm_user

Thank goodness Leica went with an optical viewfinder instead of an EVF. It looks to be a 1.00 viewfinder, which is radical; great for 50mm and above but wide angle lenses will need an external viewfinder although Leica doesn't appear to have included a hotshoe.

(Happy birthday!)

Pete.

I think I am the luckiest photographer in the history of earth! Note - I also got a brand new 50mm summilux asph with the M10. A short wait for the rest of you. :)

Have you given a thought to the possibility that you might be the luckiest dad in history? :)

Although I think luck doesn't have that much to do with it and you probably deserve all the attention your kids are giving you :D

Glad to see they resisted the calls for a clip-on EVF and weatherproofing... actually it looks like they are introducing pay-per view instead!

paper view...

It's a pun...

I'll get me coat. :D

Congratulations!

Regards,

Bill

• Like 1

You know, you could tape up (from the inside of course) all of the light leaks and put a piece of cardboard at the base of the lens with a pin hole in it, get a piece of film and tape it inside and then take a picture with your kids. Show your kids that they made a real camera. :)

By the way, that camera your kids made for you is too cool. We needed this thread.

.... actually it looks like they are introducing pay-per view

Oh crap, now you've done it! Leica is going to figure out a way to charge us not only for the camera, but also every time we look through the viewfinder. I can only imagine what they're going to charge to actually take a picture :D:D:D

Lol....

• Like 1