Hektor 13,5/4.5 on an M6

philipus

Is your Hektor an M-mount or a screw-mount version?

With M-mount it should bring the right framelines into the viewfinder, otherwise there is something wrong with the mount.

With screw-mount you need the right adapter. The original Leica engraved "M2 21-35mm, M3 135mm" should work.

With Voigtländer adapters I am not sure, as Voigtländer has no 135mm-lens in their recent catalogue. Though one which works for 35mm should do as well for 135mm as the frames are together.

Did you try the lever for changing frames at the camera and does it show the 135mm frames at all? Last - perhaps silly - question: have you got an M6 with 0.58 viewfinder magnification? It has no lines for 135mm.

• Like 1

Hello philipus,

It is the adapter that tells the camera which frame to produce. Not the lens screwed into it. If the adapter brings up the frame for a 50 when a 50 is in it then it will also bring up the frame for a 50 when any other lens is screwed into it. A 135 a 28 a 90 or whatever else.

Best Regards,

Michael

• Like 1

Thanks very much for your replies.

The camera has a 0.72x finder.

Ah so it is the adapter. That makes perfect sense because it is the 50 frame line which comes up with the Hektor attached.

Now I also understand why my 2,8cm/6.3 doesn't bring up the 28.

I guess I could get different adapters for the different LTM lenses I have but since I can engage the frame lines manually using the lever that might be an overkill at the moment. I was just wondering if it should happen automatically.

Thanks very much for your help

Philip

Thanks very much for your replies.

The camera has a 0.72x finder.

Ah so it is the adapter. That makes perfect sense because it is the 50 frame line which comes up with the Hektor attached.

Now I also understand why my 2,8cm/6.3 doesn't bring up the 28.

I guess I could get different adapters for the different LTM lenses I have but since I can engage the frame lines manually using the lever that might be an overkill at the moment. I was just wondering if it should happen automatically.

Thanks very much for your help

Philip

The Leitz /Leica S/M adapters were made for the M3 = 3 frame.

The M6 have 6 frame

You have to try what adapter is lightening the frame for the lens you plan to use.

as I remember well I used the 35 adapter for the 135 lens.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello philipus,

All of the adapters will accept any lens, etc w/ Leica 39 X 1 male thread: SM Visoflexes, 200mm lenses, & so on. They also will work w/ other brands of 39 X 1 Screw Mount lenses, etc.

So:

If the camera in question contains the appropriate frames:

Adapter #14097 marked 50 will activate frames for 50 & 75.

Adapter # 14098 marked 90 will activate frames for 28 & 90.

Adapter # 14099 marked 135 will activate frames for 35 & 135.

Keep in mind: Other than keying framelines you are simply converting a Screw Mount something into a Bayonet Mount version of the same thing.

Best Regards,

Michael

• Like 1

Hello Jean Claude,

Thank you for the clarification.

I should have made clear I was talking specifically about Leitz adapters. Not adapters made by other manufacturers for use w/ Leica thread 39 X 1 screw mount lenses, etc on Leitz/Leica, or other, bayonet mount cameras, etc.

Best Regards,

Michael

• Like 1

except that some NON Leica adapters do not have the milled clearance for releasing the infinity lock on 50mm and under focals lenses

My Voigtländer adapter allows me to release the infinity lock on the Hektor 2,8cm and on the Summitar.

Another point of curiosity (perhaps). I've noticed that on the M6 if the Voigtländer adapter is already attached to the body and I then screw on the 2,8cm, then as the lens gets "closer" the focus tab will not clear the frame selector.

This does not happen on the M3 because its frame selector does not rise as much from the body as the M6's. On the M3, however, the 2,8cm's focus tab touches the lens release button, but clears it due to the flex in the button.

So in order to attach the 2,8cm on the M6 I have to remove the adapter, screw it onto the lens and then attach the lens+adapter.

The original (Type I) Voigtländer adapters are milled to permit the use of lenses with an infinity lock, although as has been pointed out by philipus above, they may not clear the frameline selector and should be mounted on the LTM lens before bayonetting them onto the M body.

The newer (Type II) Voigtländer adapters do not have the milled-out area permitting the use of lenses with the infinity lock, but they do have a milled groove on the flange which permits applying 6-bit coding using a marker pen.

I have a complete set of each type and use the appropriate one for the LTM lens I plan to use. I also keep a hand-coded Type II mount (semi)permanently attached to several of my most frequently used (on digital) LTM lenses which don't have an infinity lock - the adapters are cheap enough...

Regards, Jim

• Like 1