Chinese New Year in London?

theno23

Steve,

I'm interested. If it helps, in the past we've used the Chandos as a meeting venue for CNY and other meets because of its convenience, reasonable food, acceptable 'refreshments' and it enables members to pop in and out as the mood and weather takes them. (Of course it doesn't mean we'd necessarily have to do the same this year.:))

Pete.

• Like 1

I'm interested, Year of the Dragon. Some establishments are giving free cocktails to the dragons. ... drunken cavorting dragons :D.

The Chen Brothers who hold the Guinness World Record for the highest pole jump in the flying lion dance should be performing in Trafalgar Square.

Due to redevelopment work I think the firework display is in Trafalgar Square (not Leicester Square as in previous years) at 17:40.

Bob.

Fortunately tube engineering works in London will be light on Sunday with only the Piccadilly, District, Overground, Waterloo & City, DLR, and Bakerloo lines affected. (I would add a weblink but I did this last time and confused everyone because I hadn't noticed that it's a date-relative link; so it would be correct today but viewed tomorrow it would show Monday 30th's disruptions.:( The information's available from the TfL site under Live Travel News>Tube,DLR Overround tab.)

Has a notional time and place been set yet ... ?

Pete.

I'll be around and pop into the Chandos a few minutes past noon to say hello. Hopefully I can find everyone - the group as it can get quite busy. Shall we designate a corner upstairs for easy meeting? Upstairs can also accomodate a larger group without having to spread across multiple booths.

OK, I'm about to send people contact details, so shout if you want to go and haven't said anything yet.

- Steve

PS - just to make it easier to see, meeting place is The Chandos at 12:00 (midday).

Edited by theno23