Boston Meet up Jan. 15

hlockwood

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I spoke with one of the folks (Ben) who attended our last Boston meeting. We agreed that we should try for another meet up in January. Given the possibility of foul weather, this should probably be an indoor meet-and-greet affair.

Let's hear some suggestions for dates and venues!

I'll start by suggesting that we meet again at the Beacon Tavern (Beacon @ St. Mary's). Early afternoon on a Sunday seems convenient for most, and the parking will be easy (and free). How about 15 Jan.?

And remember the door prize for one lucky individual: an archival print (carbon on cotton) of your choosing. Hey, you never know. :D

This has also been posted to the Clubs forum over at rff.com where several folks have signed on.

Harry

I spoke with one of the folks (Ben) who attended our last Boston meeting. We agreed that we should try for another meet up in January. Given the possibility of foul weather, this should probably be an indoor meet-and-greet affair.

Let's hear some suggestions for dates and venues!

I'll start by suggesting that we meet again at the Beacon Tavern (Beacon @ St. Mary's). Early afternoon on a Sunday seems convenient for most, and the parking will be easy (and free). How about 15 Jan.?

And remember the door prize for one lucky individual: an archival print (carbon on cotton) of your choosing. Hey, you never know. :D

This has also been posted to the Clubs forum over at rff.com where several folks have signed on.

Harry

From the RF Forum:

We seem to have enough yeas to constitute a quorum. But we need to separate the "I'd like to..." from the "I will..." because I'll need to reserve adequate space at the Beacon Tavern, and Sunday afternoon is brunch time for many.

So, if you're relatively certain that you'll attend, I'd like to hear from you. You can contact me most easily by email: hflockwoodATverizonDOTnet, or pm me if that's better for you.

As for the rules of the meeting, there are none. Bring gear (rf or not; film or digital), bring photos, or come empty handed. Very informal, very friendly, no age discrimination; the latter to protect me.

And as for the door prize, only one restriction. Because he picked his own name out of the hat last time, we're not going to let ColSebastianMoran (Rick) pick the winner this time. Two in a row will strain our credibility.

Lastly, if you know a photographer who may be unaware of these meetings, please bring him/her into the fold. And BTW, it would be very nice to have the fair sex represented; we know you're out there.

Harry

From the RF Forum:

We seem to have enough yeas to constitute a quorum. But we need to separate the "I'd like to..." from the "I will..." because I'll need to reserve adequate space at the Beacon Tavern, and Sunday afternoon is brunch time for many.

So, if you're relatively certain that you'll attend, I'd like to hear from you. You can contact me most easily by email: hflockwoodATverizonDOTnet, or pm me if that's better for you.

As for the rules of the meeting, there are none. Bring gear (rf or not; film or digital), bring photos, or come empty handed. Very informal, very friendly, no age discrimination; the latter to protect me.

And as for the door prize, only one restriction. Because he picked his own name out of the hat last time, we're not going to let ColSebastianMoran (Rick) pick the winner this time. Two in a row will strain our credibility.

Lastly, if you know a photographer who may be unaware of these meetings, please bring him/her into the fold. And BTW, it would be very nice to have the fair sex represented; we know you're out there.

Harry

Again, from RFF.com:

"Russell,

Thanks for the input. We have 9 people who've said that they would come or would try to come on the 15th. One said that he could also make it on the 29th. Nevertheless, you have a valid point.

I did invite folks to email or pm me, message #19; so far only 2 responses. :mad:

While I think we should keep the venue, the date is still flexible. I will, however, need at least a few days, preferably one week to arrange for the meeting with the Beacon Tavern.

So, let's set up a vote. Three choices: 15th; 29th; either.

Since the email/pm route hasn't been as productive as I had hoped, let's make it a public ballot. Respond to this message with your choice of dates. But please be timely in your response; the runway is getting short.

Harry

(Like film, the semicolon is not dead. :p)"

Hey, Leica Forum folks from the Boston area: No takers?

Edited by hlockwood
small correction