Palermo One Challenge: the arrangements and the rules

farnz

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi There Pete

Sorry for the delay in confirming . . . It's all so terribly complicated!

Stansted - Palermo . . . . Palermo to Rome . . . Rome to Stansted.

However, we have just booked flights, and we'll be there - and for supper too please.

Hooray!

Look forward to meeting everyone again.

all the best

• Like 1

Is the Gatwick EasyJet flight full?

Look forward to seeing you again Jono :)

Hi Andy

No - it's just that:

1. we're close to Stansted

2. we want to visit Emma's sister in Cortona on the way home

3. we're masochists . . . . I think the ryanair website must be the most irritating thing in the world. . . . . with the possible exception of flying on a ryanair flight - presumably we'll land in a field 3945km from Palermo (there seemed to be a check-box for hiring a rowing boat when we got there).

. . . and we're really looking forward to seeing you again as well

• Like 3

... Unless I've missed it - in which case slap my wrist and point me in the right direction - don't we usually have an informal meet-up on the Friday evening somewhere? If so where are we gathering this time? simplest would obviously be where we are lunching next day, but is there anywhere else? Pete...?

I have a bar in mind of which I have several pictures but regrettably no name. I know approximately where it is and I've tried to work out it's name and address using stealth and the internet but sadly without success.

So rather than have hordes of Leica-toting photographers roaming Palermo looking for "a bar with aluminium chairs and tables on the pavement, a red awning, and a some interesting neon signs inside somewhere in east Palermo" it might be best if we make Friday's informal meeting place the cafe where we're due to start the challenge on the Saturday. So it's Antico Caffe Spinatto at Via Principe Belmonte at 7.30 pm. (There's a weblink and map in the arrangements and rules pdf.)

If anyone would like to swap mobile numbers then please PM me.

Pete.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have a bar in mind of which I have several pictures but regrettably no name. I know approximately where it is and I've tried to work out it's name and address using stealth and the internet but sadly without success.

So rather than have hordes of Leica-toting photographers roaming Palermo looking for "a bar with aluminium chairs and tables on the pavement, a red awning, and a some interesting neon signs inside somewhere in east Palermo" it might be best if we make Friday's informal meeting place the cafe where we're due to start the challenge on the Saturday. So it's Antico Caffe Spinatto at Via Principe Belmonte at 7.30 pm. (There's a weblink and map in the arrangements and rules pdf.)

Hey Pete, I thought the whole idea of this jaunt was to be "a challenge!" ;)

Pete.

Does anyone know if the SIM card I bought in Venice last year will work still, in Palermo, presumably with a 're-charge' somehow?

... Does anyone know if the SIM card I bought in Venice last year will work still, in Palermo, presumably with a 're-charge' somehow?

Providing that it's from a network that offers coverage on Sicily (TIM, Vodafone or Wind) then I don't see why not.:)

Pete.

Thanks Pete. It's from Wind so I should be OK. Presumably the old number remains. I will check what it is and PM it.

Erl,

i tgink it should work. Just PM me your number, and I will call it to be sure it's not been de-activated. ;)

Usually you just need to make a small recharge to make it work again if it's within the 12 or 24 months from the last one.

Ciao,

Maurizio

:mad:Darn it, sidelined this year by a temporary medical glitch. We had really looked forward this one since it's in our neck of the woods. Good luck to everyone; have a great time and pick a good venue for next year.

Pete.

Eileen and I will be there. Looking forward to catching up with everyone again.

Cheers, Tom