Palermo in October

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Flights booked, Tuesday to Tuesday.

While I was in Palermo in December I stayed in a pleasant and reasonably priced hotel in the Kalsa district, which is in one of the older and more atmospheric parts of the city. I mentioned the One Challenge to the Proprietor and enquired about a discount for a group booking and he was said no problem so please let me know if you're interested and I'll find out what he'll offer.

I'll start a separate thread in a little while with all the arrangements for the One Challenge.

Pete.

Pete,

I would be grateful and interested by your suggestion.

We have just booked flights on SqeezyJet. Making a week of it, arriving Sunday the 9th and leaving Sunday the 16th. Will probably stay in Catania for the first fews day and then Palermo for the Challenge. Pete, assume you will let us know once you've had chance to investigate a hotel deal in Palermo. We'll make no hotel arrangements until we hear from you.

Cheers, Tom

Will do, Tom. When you know your movements, ie the number of nights you plan to stay in Palermo could you let me know please?

Pete.

Hi Pete, if you put us down for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights that would be great.

Cheers, Tom

Thanks, Philippe.

That's 5 for the group booking so far (not including Brian).:)

Pete.

Pete,

I'll book my flight today. Arrival on the 14th, departure on the 16th = 2 nights, single. Will be looking forward to it.

Thanks for your help!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm talking to Anne about this during the week end. I certainly want to go, but I need to get the Mrs on board preferably as a joiner, but failing that she needs to be OK with my going.

I/we would like to be part of the group booking in I/we go. I'll let you know.

Carl

• Like 1

Carl,

I very much hope that you both come to Palermo and I know that yours will be a particularly long journey so if there's anything I can do to help then please let me know.

... short of paying for your flights and accommodation.:rolleyes:

Pete.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Posted on the "Do you know the world?" thread just recently, has been a useful piece of info for those of us heading to Palermo.

Ice cream !! Courtesy of Mauribix - "Mr. Antonio Cappadonia in Palermo is the true "Maestro" IMHO." Someone else said that Palermo ice cream is (to paraphrase) "to die for" - Yummy!!

Now we need the address!

Hi Andy, Steve.

We won't be able to make Palermo as we have booked a trip to India just a week later.......I won't get away with two overseas trips in one month! Not only that I will have only just got back from the Leica Fellowship Autumn meeting in exotic Worksop:rolleyes:

I hope everyone has a great time in sunny Sicily.

• 2 months later...

Just a bit of a bump for this, really.

Pete F will be putting together the rules of engagement etc nearer the time, but this might remind people of the meeting if they'd thought about attending, but not done anything about it.

Let's just hope that for UK people's sake, we get more than one Euro to the pound by mid October...

I am very sorry as this will be the first year I miss all events :( Even surgery couldnt keep me away one year.

I have kept all work trips away from this week and even booked my flights. However a family event has now come up and the only weekend free is ... THIS ONE! :(

Sorry Pete that I will miss this fantastic event and opportunity to catch up with all you geeks.

Ravi