Funny!

matlep

He is a Nikon user and has been handed the Leica camera without any briefing. No wonder he is puzzled. He could easily have thought he had taken the shot and failed to find an LCD monitor to confirm his take.

He is a Nikon user and has been handed the Leica camera without any briefing. No wonder he is puzzled. He could easily have thought he had taken the shot and failed to find an LCD monitor to confirm his take.

Im not convinced by that explanation. I am pretty sure it is his camera. Heck i have also made the same mistake ;)

I love the Nikon strap and the cool shades! ;)

Here's a supposedly true story whose details someone on the forum may be able to clean up:

I think it was Kaiser Wilhelm, but it may have been Konrad Adenauer. Whoever it was, he was a known German leader, but he disliked being photographed. One day the teller (Geoffrey Crawley? Jonathan Eastland?) was lucky enough to be walking along a park path when he saw the Kaiser's/Chancellor's/whatever's party coming toward him on the same path.

As they passed, he raised his Leica and snapped the shutter. He was surprised that the subject just kept walking without getting angry, but he did think he had seen a look of knowing surprise, maybe even a smile, on his face.

And then he looked at his camera and realized he hadn't removed his lens cap. His image of a lifetime had just turned to a blank frame.

Easy mistake to make before the SLR era.

• Like 1

My comment on the site while having breakfast:

"Leica M6TTL + Motor-M + Noctilux f1 v4 + Nikon D700 (?) + Nikon 17-35 2.8 AF-S.

He IS actually recognizing, that his meter suggests severe underexposure (blinking LEDs), as he checks aperture, meter setting on the back and is constantly changing aperture, watching the meter not stopping to blink on him.

He simply forgot, to take the cap off and is checking quite quickly (within seconds) all possible sources (shutter speed, ASA dial on the back, aperture check loking at aperture ring + aperture while metering).

He doesn't look like an idiot - he knows, what he is doing. Lens cap days happen to RF users - he is just having one.

I don't know, what the comments about his watch or presumptions about his profession have to do with that.

I hope, he sees the video on the net and has a smirk or two ;-)

Some of my greatest shots have been lost due to lens caps too ;-)"

He is NOT handling the M6 in any unfamiliar, linkish way - he knows, what he is doing.

Because, he knows, what he is doing, he knowingly might refuse, to check the lens cap, as this can't possibly the reason for his metering problems ;-)

• Like 2

I remember that one...the smile he got turned out to be for the lenscap. I think it was Prince Philip or someone and a member of the forum.

... I think it was Prince Philip or someone and a member of the forum.

It's a story with legs, all right. But my encounter with it was well before the LUF or even the Internet.

It's a story with legs, all right. But my encounter with it was well before the LUF or even the Internet.

Hmmmmm I use a Barnack with a Elmar and FISON, (IIIC and Leicvit), the FISON has a hood cap, I can shoot a whole lot more frames than this guy.

The cruel people wait until you are rewinding to ask, 'do you realise...'.

Noel

P.S. the famous photo of HCB shows his coll cron, hood, and hood cap on a lanyard, palmed in his left hand. So we are in good company

Edited by Xmas